Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[PLM] Lightmapper never finishes with progressive updates enabled in auto mode
Attached repro didn't reproduce it for me, but the repro from the duplicate https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1244786 did.
Issue introduced by https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/104619/_/lighting/tiled-ray-buffers.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached repro project
2. Clear baked data
3. Make sure Progressive Updates are ON
4. Click Auto-Generate
5. Get stuck in endless loop
You can stop the loop by disabling Progressive Updates, or changing the backend to CPU.
Could not reproduce on: 2020.2.0a10, 2020.2.0a9
- Also Reproducible in URP and HDRP, starting from Version 8.1.0;
- Reproducible for Progressive CPU and GPU Lightmappers; not reproducible for Enlighten;
- Reproducible in any scene;
- Reproducible only when baking with auto-mode.
It is needed to retest the following duplicate cases when the fix for this case lands:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display