Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[PLM] Lightmapper never finishes with progressive updates enabled in auto mode
Attached repro didn't reproduce it for me, but the repro from the duplicate https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1244786 did.
Issue introduced by https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/104619/_/lighting/tiled-ray-buffers.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached repro project
2. Clear baked data
3. Make sure Progressive Updates are ON
4. Click Auto-Generate
5. Get stuck in endless loop
You can stop the loop by disabling Progressive Updates, or changing the backend to CPU.
Could not reproduce on: 2020.2.0a10, 2020.2.0a9
- Also Reproducible in URP and HDRP, starting from Version 8.1.0;
- Reproducible for Progressive CPU and GPU Lightmappers; not reproducible for Enlighten;
- Reproducible in any scene;
- Reproducible only when baking with auto-mode.
It is needed to retest the following duplicate cases when the fix for this case lands:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly
- Crash building for iOS after canceling a build
- Reflective Shaders flicker when using Custom SRP Loop
- Terrain inspector is suggesting a shader which doesn't work
- [Search] Index Manager: Empty item in Include or Exclude list will be taken in count