Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[PLM] error mentioning the GPU driver is printed on fallback due to < min spec GPU
To reproduce this, you will need a GPU that has <4GB of RAM (mine is an NVidia 1060)
- download this project
- try to generate lighting using the Progressive GPU
- notice errors in the console:
Failed to find a suitable OpenCL device, falling back to CPU lightmapper.
Failed to find a suitable OpenCL device for the GPU Lightmapper, falling back to CPU lightmapper. Please install the latest graphics driver.
I checked and I do have the latest NVidia driver so the error message is not correct.
NOTE: i do also get the correct warning
OpenCL GPU device GeForce GTX 1060 3GB from NVIDIA Corporation has less than 4 GB of global memory, ignoring device for lightmapping.
Reproducible with Unity 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.0a4 and 2020.2.0b10
The first error message is there in 2020.1, but not the second, driver-related error.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac