Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2018.2
[PLM] Editor crashes while baking after removing terrain trees and switching UI tabs with PLM set as baking backend
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 't1' scene on Windows;
2. In the Hierarchy select 'Terrain' gameobject;
3. In the Inspector go to 'Paint Trees' tab;
4. In the Inspector in 'Trees' section select 'Broadleaf_Desktop' tree prototype;
5. In the Scene view with active brush visible Shift-click on Terrain with trees to erase some of them;
6. Start quickly switching between Hierarchy, Inspector and Lighting tabs.
Editor crashes without Bug reporter and with empty stacktrace. See attached video.
Regression introduced in Unity 2018.2.0a1.
Editor should not crash when switching tabs after removing trees from terrain.
- Reproducible in 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0a1;
- Not reproducible in 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1;
- Also OpenRL 501 errors are thrown when painting and removing tree instances from the terrain;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10 with DirectX and GlCore and on OSX with Metal;
- The issue might not reproduce steadily, if it doesn't repro, paint and then immediately erase more trees and then switch tabs;
- The issue might be hardware related;
- Not reproducible when auto-baking is turned off;
- Not reproducible with Enlighten/Realtime GI.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material