Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
[WindowsStandalone] Player crash report doesn't consider -logFile argument
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "PlayerCrash.zip"
2. Build test scene (File -> Build Settings -> Build) and name it (e.g. 1.exe)
3. Open cmd
4. Navigate to the folder where is the build
5. Run this command A.exe -logFile xyz.log
6. When player crashes crash dialog appears. It states :The crash report folder named "2016-11-03..." next to game executable
7. Open that crash report folder
8. Notice that crash folder contains only two files(error.log, crash.bin)
If one firstly run the game without -logFile argument, it will contain old output_log.txt file
Actual result: crash report uses file "output_log.txt"(if it exists) from the *_Data directory
Expected result: crash report uses file xyz.log as specified on the startup of the game
Reproducible: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p3, 5.5.0b10, 5.6.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tessellation is wobbling when moving in and out with Lit.shader
- Text letters are drawn on each other when using bold style a specific 'kelson' font
- [Animation] Inserting a key to a curve that has a single key when editing multiple curves causes assertion.
- Editor crashes on WalkTypeTree after removing any component while in Animation record mode
- [Regression] Confined cursor can go out of the top side of a game window bounds