Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
[WindowsStandalone] Player crash report doesn't consider -logFile argument
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "PlayerCrash.zip"
2. Build test scene (File -> Build Settings -> Build) and name it (e.g. 1.exe)
3. Open cmd
4. Navigate to the folder where is the build
5. Run this command A.exe -logFile xyz.log
6. When player crashes crash dialog appears. It states :The crash report folder named "2016-11-03..." next to game executable
7. Open that crash report folder
8. Notice that crash folder contains only two files(error.log, crash.bin)
If one firstly run the game without -logFile argument, it will contain old output_log.txt file
Actual result: crash report uses file "output_log.txt"(if it exists) from the *_Data directory
Expected result: crash report uses file xyz.log as specified on the startup of the game
Reproducible: 5.3.6p8, 5.4.2p3, 5.5.0b10, 5.6.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform