Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
PlayableAsset returns a null Playable after entering and leaving object Prefab mode
How to reproduce it:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Load 'SampleScene' from 'Assets' > 'Scenes' folder
3. Hit 'Play'
4. In the Game view observe an animation
5. Hit 'Pause'
6. In the Hierarchy view find 'Root' prefab and enter Prefab mode
7. Leave the Prefab mode
8. Hit 'Play'
9. Observe errors in the Console window
Expected result: In the Game view animation starts playing
Actual result: Animation doesn't start, and errors occur in the console window
Reproducible with: 2019.4.0f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.6f1, 2020.2.0b2
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1 (animation doesn't work)
Note: To work around this issue, you have to reimport 'Root' prefab
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Windows 11] Package Manager Features are displayed incorrectly after moving the mouse
- Android Install Location changes when Exporting Project
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script