Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Ping highlight does not mark a folded child GameObject in the Hierarchy correctly when scrolling is required to reach the object
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (WrongPingDraw)
2. Open the 'SampleScene'
3. In the Hierarchy window Unfold the GameObjects 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' and its child 'GameObject (7)'
4. Re-position the 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObject in the Hierarchy so that it is visible in the Hierarchy without scrolling, but child of 'GameObject (7)' named 'GRAPHIC' is not
5. Fold the 'GameObject(7)' and 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObjects
6. Unfold the 'GameObject' object to reveal the 'SLIDER' GameObject
7. Select 'SLIDER' and click on its Target Graphic field to mark 'GRAPHIC'
Expected result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted at the correct depth
Actual result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted at the wrong depth
8. Fold 'GameObject (7)' and 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObjects
9. Re-position 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' so that it is no longer visible from the top of the Hierarchy without scrolling
10. Select 'SLIDER' and click on its Target Graphic field to mark 'GRAPHIC'
Expected result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted
Actual result: 'GRAPHIC' is not highlighted
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject icon disappears when selecting the GameObject
- [Android] Maximum deltaTime is reached when opening an app from the background
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.