Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Ping highlight does not mark a folded child GameObject in the Hierarchy correctly when scrolling is required to reach the object
How to reproduce:
1. Open user-submitted project (WrongPingDraw)
2. Open the 'SampleScene'
3. In the Hierarchy window Unfold the GameObjects 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' and its child 'GameObject (7)'
4. Re-position the 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObject in the Hierarchy so that it is visible in the Hierarchy without scrolling, but child of 'GameObject (7)' named 'GRAPHIC' is not
5. Fold the 'GameObject(7)' and 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObjects
6. Unfold the 'GameObject' object to reveal the 'SLIDER' GameObject
7. Select 'SLIDER' and click on its Target Graphic field to mark 'GRAPHIC'
Expected result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted at the correct depth
Actual result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted at the wrong depth
8. Fold 'GameObject (7)' and 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' GameObjects
9. Re-position 'GRAPHIC INSIDE' so that it is no longer visible from the top of the Hierarchy without scrolling
10. Select 'SLIDER' and click on its Target Graphic field to mark 'GRAPHIC'
Expected result: 'GRAPHIC' is highlighted
Actual result: 'GRAPHIC' is not highlighted
Reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.3.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Italic Font Style differs between Editor and devices
- Buttons can be Clicked on a different Display than they are seen
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR