Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Physics2D.Distance returns zero when CapsuleCollider has a size of (0.1, 0.1)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the project "UnityBug_Collider_Distance_with_Capsule.zip"
2. Open Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity
3. Enter Play Mode and switch to Scene View
4. In the Inspector tab, click on "Collider Distance Tester (BUG)" GameObject
5. Notice that the Distance in the "Collider DIstance Tester (Script)" component shows zero
6. Click on the "Capsule" GameObject under "Collider Distance Tester (BUG)" GameObject
7. Change the Size of Y to 0.2
8. Repeat Steps 4 and 5
Expected result: The Physics2D.Distance of the CapsuleCollider with size (0.1, 0.1) is not zero
Actual result: The Physics2D.Distance of the CapsuleCollider with size (0.1, 0.1) is zero
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.15f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b6, 2022.1.0a5
The issue only occurs when both X and Y values are 0.1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete