Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.38f1, 2021.3.9f1, 2022.1.12f1, 2022.2.0b4, 2023.1.0a1
Unknown (hidden) 2019.4.X, 2021.2.X
Physics overlap queries are not consistent when used against convex Mesh Colliders with a very small scale
1. Open the attached 'ComputePenetrationTesting' project
2. Open the 'SampleScene'
3. Enter the Play mode
4. Observe the Console, note that collision is detected
5. While in Play mode, in the Scene View move the movingTestObject slightly inside the staticTestObject
6. Observe the Console
Expected result: the collision is always detected when the movingTestObject overlaps the staticTestObject
Actual result: the collision is not always detected when objects overlap
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
Aug 25, 2022 14:09
This bug is NOT totally fixed.
It was combined with other bug and second part of it is still a bug.
I've submitted it here:
'New Incident created: IN-14809 - Physics overlap with convex Mesh __STILL__ don't work'
Previously it was here:
Please keep it open!
24 votes is difficult to collect again.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] "Access Denied" error when downloading Plastic SCM Cloud Edition through the Editor
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
- “InvalidOperationException: Not enough space in output buffer (need 24, has 0)” error is thrown when using NativeList.GetVertices()
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.0b4):
Fixed in 2022.2.0b4
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1.12f1):
Fixed in 2022.1.13f1
Resolution Note (2021.2.X):
2021.2 is not a thing anymore
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3.38f1):
Fixed in 2020.3.38f1
Resolution Note (2019.4.X):
2019.4 is dead