Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces does not work with Collider.Raycast
1. Open attached project "ColliderRaycast.zip".
2. Play "Raycast" scene.
3. Press left mouse button on the white square. You get no message in a console window.
4. Select in Hierarchy "Target" object, and set it's X rotation to 0.
5. Now press on the white square in Game window. You get Console Debug.Log message.
Expected result: Collider.Raycast hits object's backface, if "Queries Hit Backface" is checked in Project Settings -> Physics.
Actual result: Collider.Raycast does not hit object's backface. (works fine with Physics.Raycast).
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces exposed in physics settings on Unity 5.5
Reproducible with: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- WebGL build does not comply with Input.simulateMouseWithTouches on mobile
- Animator keeps StateMachine state when disabling GameObject
- Changes in behavior of AnimatorIK while editor is stopped
- In the "Lighting" window, the object added to the "Sun" doesn't save.
- Null character in InputField causes exception in InputField.MoveTextEnd