Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces does not work with Collider.Raycast
1. Open attached project "ColliderRaycast.zip".
2. Play "Raycast" scene.
3. Press left mouse button on the white square. You get no message in a console window.
4. Select in Hierarchy "Target" object, and set it's X rotation to 0.
5. Now press on the white square in Game window. You get Console Debug.Log message.
Expected result: Collider.Raycast hits object's backface, if "Queries Hit Backface" is checked in Project Settings -> Physics.
Actual result: Collider.Raycast does not hit object's backface. (works fine with Physics.Raycast).
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces exposed in physics settings on Unity 5.5
Reproducible with: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Apr 09, 2021 14:21
Still not works in 2020.1.17f1
May 01, 2020 11:21
Still not working in 2019.3
Dec 29, 2018 04:21
his still doesn't work in Unity 2018.2.20f1
Aug 07, 2018 18:28
This still doesn't work in Unity 2018.2
I need a way to count the collision in and out points of a ray going through colliders.
Apr 07, 2017 08:22
Will that be fixed in earlier versions, too? Like 5.5.x ? Thanks