Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces does not work with Collider.Raycast
1. Open attached project "ColliderRaycast.zip".
2. Play "Raycast" scene.
3. Press left mouse button on the white square. You get no message in a console window.
4. Select in Hierarchy "Target" object, and set it's X rotation to 0.
5. Now press on the white square in Game window. You get Console Debug.Log message.
Expected result: Collider.Raycast hits object's backface, if "Queries Hit Backface" is checked in Project Settings -> Physics.
Actual result: Collider.Raycast does not hit object's backface. (works fine with Physics.Raycast).
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces exposed in physics settings on Unity 5.5
Reproducible with: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Video Player fails to play when application is built with Gradle Build System
- Different normal map image is copied when copying texture2d in editor script's public variable
- Only one shadow is cast when using Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect more than one time per frame
- Resources.UnloadAsset breaks Texture at runtime, shows up as black
- [Regression][Android] Banner Ads are invisible but clickable