Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces does not work with Collider.Raycast
1. Open attached project "ColliderRaycast.zip".
2. Play "Raycast" scene.
3. Press left mouse button on the white square. You get no message in a console window.
4. Select in Hierarchy "Target" object, and set it's X rotation to 0.
5. Now press on the white square in Game window. You get Console Debug.Log message.
Expected result: Collider.Raycast hits object's backface, if "Queries Hit Backface" is checked in Project Settings -> Physics.
Actual result: Collider.Raycast does not hit object's backface. (works fine with Physics.Raycast).
Physics.queriesHitBackfaces exposed in physics settings on Unity 5.5
Reproducible with: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh