Search Issue Tracker
Performance: ScriptedImporters are very slow
I have two means of importing a Quake BSP asset:
1) Loading it via a button press in the Inspector (EditorBspTest.OnInspectorGUI)
2) Loading it through a ScriptedImporter (QBspImporter)
Both code paths are essentially identical. In fact, loading it through the Inspector actually creates a new ScriptedImporter object and calls the same Load() routine.
Comparing both approaches, the latter is significantly slower.
1) Load the project
2) Click on "worldspawn" in the hierarchy
3) Click Load in the Inspector. Note how little time it takes.
4) Click Unload in the Inspector to remove everything.
5) Go to the Project view > Assets > Id1 > maps
6) Right click on e1m2.bsp (the same map)
7) Hit Reimport.
Actual: Load time is significantly increased.
Expected: Load time should be identical.
Reproduced: 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0b6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file