Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[Performance Regression] "EditorOnly [Prefabs.MergePrefabs]" process noticeably slower when opening a scene
1. Import the attached .unitypackage ("1239162.unitypackage")
2. Open the Scene "Candy Trip 3"
Expected result: Scene is opened at the same speed as before
Actual result: Scene takes a lot longer to open than before
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.12f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.2.0a14
- In the versions deemed not reproducible the same action would take about 90-100ms, while in the versions deemed reproducible it would take 25000-50000ms
Nov 30, 2022 13:23
It happens de same to me in the version 2020.3.11f1, so the bug is still not fixed on that version.
Aug 19, 2020 15:24
In my case, in some maps, it takes more than 60s to "Prefabs.MergePrefabs" on play mode exit.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0b1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.8f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.24f1