Search Issue Tracker
[Perforce] when editing a package.json, the editor checks out the meta file, not the asset file
1. Download and extract the project in "case_1316556-UnityBugHunt.zip"
2. Download P4V client from https://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix-visual-client-p4v
3. Launch P4V client, switch to Remote Server tab (if you are connecting to localhost, you will need to launch a helix core (instructions below))
4. Create a new User
5. Create a new Workspace and set the UnityBugHunt project root as the location
6. In the server Field enter "localhost:1666"
7. Click ok
8. Open the UnityBugHunt project using Unity editor
9. Go Edit -> Project Settings -> Version Control
10. Set mode to Perforce
11. Enter Username, Password, Workspace that you created in the P4V client
12. Set server to "localhost:1666"
13. Click on Connect
14. Submit all changes to the Perforce server
15. In the project window, select Packages/RTM/Template/package
16. In the Inspector window click "Check out Meta"
17. Change name from "template" to something else
18. Apply the changes
Expected result: The name will be changed and you won't get any errors
Actual result: The name will not be changed and you will receive an error (Note 2)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.1.0a15
Could not test with 2018.4.34f1 (packages break, package manager not available)
1. I put instructions on how to launch helix core below in edits
2. The customer described the issue in greater detail in "Embedded Package JSON flow error with Perforce.txt"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets