Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[Perforce] when editing a package.json, the editor checks out the meta file, not the asset file
1. Download and extract the project in "case_1316556-UnityBugHunt.zip"
2. Download P4V client from https://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix-visual-client-p4v
3. Launch P4V client, switch to Remote Server tab (if you are connecting to localhost, you will need to launch a helix core (instructions below))
4. Create a new User
5. Create a new Workspace and set the UnityBugHunt project root as the location
6. In the server Field enter "localhost:1666"
7. Click ok
8. Open the UnityBugHunt project using Unity editor
9. Go Edit -> Project Settings -> Version Control
10. Set mode to Perforce
11. Enter Username, Password, Workspace that you created in the P4V client
12. Set server to "localhost:1666"
13. Click on Connect
14. Submit all changes to the Perforce server
15. In the project window, select Packages/RTM/Template/package
16. In the Inspector window click "Check out Meta"
17. Change name from "template" to something else
18. Apply the changes
Expected result: The name will be changed and you won't get any errors
Actual result: The name will not be changed and you will receive an error (Note 2)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.25f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.1.0a15
Could not test with 2018.4.34f1 (packages break, package manager not available)
1. I put instructions on how to launch helix core below in edits
2. The customer described the issue in greater detail in "Embedded Package JSON flow error with Perforce.txt"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete