Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Perforce] Unable to submit changes when files outside of perforce are checked out
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set up Perforce workspace
2. Create project at least a level deeper than root directory
3. Create another folder in the root
4. Add files to the other folder
5. In the Editor set VC to Perforce and open Version Control window
6. In P4V, mark files from other folder for checkout
7. In the Editor VC window you can observe the checked out files even though you cannot do anything with them
8. Submit the default changeset
9. Error appears
Expected: No errors show up, In VC window the files from a higher level don't even show up
Actual: Error prevents submitting actual changes that would be alongside these checked out files
Version Control: Error in change specification.
Can't include file(s) not already opened.
Open new files with p4 add, p4 edit, etc.
Reproduced on: 2019.2.0a10, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2018.2.21f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Can't drag tabs across window boundaries from one container window to another
- Game Objects will lose their parents when moved between Scenes in the Scene Hierarchy if the Parent object is expanded
- GetHolesLODInfo doesn't match the content of the HeightmapSubRegion holes array
- PIX and NSIGHT shader debuggers don't work on DX12 with DXC compiled shaders
- MacOS Editor: new main window title is not draggable in the complete title bar area