Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Perforce] Unable to submit changes when files outside of perforce are checked out
Steps to reproduce:
1. Set up Perforce workspace
2. Create project at least a level deeper than root directory
3. Create another folder in the root
4. Add files to the other folder
5. In the Editor set VC to Perforce and open Version Control window
6. In P4V, mark files from other folder for checkout
7. In the Editor VC window you can observe the checked out files even though you cannot do anything with them
8. Submit the default changeset
9. Error appears
Expected: No errors show up, In VC window the files from a higher level don't even show up
Actual: Error prevents submitting actual changes that would be alongside these checked out files
Version Control: Error in change specification.
Can't include file(s) not already opened.
Open new files with p4 add, p4 edit, etc.
Reproduced on: 2019.2.0a10, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2018.2.21f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes
- [Progress] Progress always displays the remaining time after doing it once