Search Issue Tracker
ParticleSystem throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error when editing after upgrading from 5.5.x
When upgrading project with particle system prefab from 5.5.x to 5.6.x, editing the particle system in 5.6.x throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error.
1.Create new project using Unity 5.5.0f3
2.Create particle system in the hierarchy
3.Make it a prefab
4.Edit particle system settings from the hierarchy(do not press apply)
5.Open the project in Unity 5.6.x
6.Edit particle system in the hierarchy
Expected result: editing with no errors
Actual result: console throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error
Reproduced on: 5.6.1f1 5.6.1p1 2017.1.0b5
Using text difference program you can see that prefabs created in 5.5.x and 5.6.x has opposite curve values, these values are opposite in all settings.
This is not a regression as the bug happens when upgrading from 5.5.x to 5.6.x.
Tested this on Win 10 and MAC OSX 10.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Wrong depth texture when using SetTargetBuffers when anti-aliasing is higher than 1
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save
- Unsigned Long (ulong) value input range is identical to Long in Inspector