Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
ParticleSystem throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error when editing after upgrading from 5.5.x
When upgrading project with particle system prefab from 5.5.x to 5.6.x, editing the particle system in 5.6.x throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error.
1.Create new project using Unity 5.5.0f3
2.Create particle system in the hierarchy
3.Make it a prefab
4.Edit particle system settings from the hierarchy(do not press apply)
5.Open the project in Unity 5.6.x
6.Edit particle system in the hierarchy
Expected result: editing with no errors
Actual result: console throws Unsupported type MultiModeParameter error
Reproduced on: 5.6.1f1 5.6.1p1 2017.1.0b5
Using text difference program you can see that prefabs created in 5.5.x and 5.6.x has opposite curve values, these values are opposite in all settings.
This is not a regression as the bug happens when upgrading from 5.5.x to 5.6.x.
Tested this on Win 10 and MAC OSX 10.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes