Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.2
ParticleSystem doesn't play if method is called via Invoke
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open and play main scene
3. In test scene you can find Particle System object ans script on it - it starts play particles after delay
4. Notice that particles don't start playing
5. If one calls particlePlayInvoke() from Start() directly (not using Invoke) particles start playing
Not reproducible: 5.2.4p1, 5.4.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Feb 13, 2016 14:33
This issue is still present if the particle system's simulation space is set to Local. Play() and Stop() doesn't work.
Jan 04, 2016 15:09
Note: it probably works if you add an empty subemitter!
Unfortunately, it's not possible to apply this workaround through code.