Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Particles] Particles render as trails in 5.4
Particles are rendered with trails in 5.4; there are no issues in 5.3.
Steps to Reproduced
1. Download the users reproduction project. See bug attachments for *ParticleTrails.zip project.
2.Open the project in the 5.4 editor
3.Open 'Edit->Project Settigns->In Control' and select Setup InputManager Settings
4.If not already open, open the 'introGarage' scene
5.Connect a controller (probably an Xbox/Xbox One controller)
6.Click 'Play' in the editor
7.Using the Left Stick of the controller move the circular dots cursor over the top left green button
8.Click the green button to trigger the particles. Other buttons also produce the same particle effect.
The generated particles have trails
Generated particles should not have trails (as in 5.3)
Notes: Running through the same steps in 5.3 there are no trails on the particles.
Comparison screenshots are attached below.
Does NOT reproduce in:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Overlay Canvas is not visible when the Anti-aliasing field is set to FXAA and the Full Screen Pass Renderer Features’s Injection Point is set to “After Rendering Post Processing”
- The Particle System doesn't work when played through ContextMenu
- Crash on gles::UseGLSLProgram when shader fails to patch due to exceeding MAX_UNIFORM_LOCATIONS on Intel Tiger Lake chipset
- Crash on D3D12GetInterface when entering the Play mode
- Animation stops at the end of the transition duration when the Animator preview is played