Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
Particle system ignores the Shape parameter and shoots particles in the straight line when the Prewarm setting is turned on
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ParticleZeroSurfaceBug.zip"
2. Open the "Bug" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: The particles are scattered across the Scene, released from the sides of the Cube
Actual result: The particles are launched in a straight line at first, afterwards they are released from the sides of the Cube
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a9
- Only reproducible if the Particle System's Shape is set to Mesh Renderer
- Setting the Particle System's Type to Edge or Triangle throws this warning: "Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Play, Pause, Skip Frame buttons in the Toolbar don't have Tooltips when hovering the mouse over them
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds
- [Backport] [Sprite Atlas V1] Editor crashes when calling SpriteAtlasUtility.PackAtlases
- Deterministic builds have different files when built from the same project
- PlayerBuildInterface.ExtraTypesProvider no longer provides types to IL2CPP