Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
Particle system ignores the Shape parameter and shoots particles in the straight line when the Prewarm setting is turned on
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ParticleZeroSurfaceBug.zip"
2. Open the "Bug" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: The particles are scattered across the Scene, released from the sides of the Cube
Actual result: The particles are launched in a straight line at first, afterwards they are released from the sides of the Cube
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a9
- Only reproducible if the Particle System's Shape is set to Mesh Renderer
- Setting the Particle System's Type to Edge or Triangle throws this warning: "Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a17