Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Particle System Crashes on InitialModule::Start when particle subemitter are emitted
1. Open attached project: "FallingMeteorCrash.zip"
2. Open scene: "BUG SCENE"
3. Press play.
Crash! if not, repeat several times.
0x0000000140EF2E9B (Unity) InitialModule::Start
0x0000000140F6D6A6 (Unity) ParticleSystem::StartModules
0x0000000140F73B73 (Unity) ParticleSystem::Emit
0x0000000140F76F39 (Unity) RecordEmit
0x0000000140F12B7A (Unity) SubModule::Update
0x0000000140F3297A (Unity) ParticleSystem::UpdateModulesPostSimulationIncremental
Notes: There is two particle systems. Aura and Meteor (Meteor has lots of subemitters). Wihtout aura I couldn't reproduce the crash, maybe it's just a coincidence. Crashes with less particle systems, but not always, like 20% chance to crash.
Reproducible on: 5.6.0b6 (1b8fda8687a3)
Not reproducible on: 5.6.0b5 (802d0eaaa43c)
Regression introduced in 5.6.0b6 (1b8fda8687a3)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio