Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Particle Bounds are displayed incorrectly until a change is made in the Particle System when the particles are generated by code
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1273773.zip' project
2. Enter Play mode
3. In the Hierarchy window select 'Particle System'
4. In the Scene window select 'Show Bounds'
5. Observe the bounds
Expected result: bounds match the particles (cube)
Actual result: bounds do no match the particles (distorted square)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b2
Note: making any single change in the Particle System game object (manually or by code) will reset the bounds to the right size/shape
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
This was caused by a bug in Play that resets that systems procedural mode state causing the bounds to be incorrectly calculated. A workaround for this is to not call Play after calling SetParticles. Call Play first and then SetParticles.
Fixed in 2021.1.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0b7
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.11f1