Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Parent and child nested Scriptable Object Assets switch places when parent Scriptable Object Asset is renamed
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1189089.zip"
2. Create a parent Scriptable Object Asset (Right-click -> Create -> MyObjects -> ParentObject)
3. Add a child Scriptable Object Asset (MyMenu -> AddChildObject)
4. Rename the NewParentObject Asset
Expected result: NewParentObject Asset is renamed
Actual result: NewParentObject Asset switches places with the NewChildObject Asset and the NewChildObject Asset is renamed
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.8f1
Apr 05, 2020 18:57
alphabetically AFTER one of the SubAssets*
Since I can't edit my comment for some reason.
Apr 05, 2020 18:56
To me it seems like the issue has something to do with how the assets are ordered based on the asset names. This bug only happens if the MainAsset is renamed to something that comes alphabetically before one of the SubAssets. Moreover, this only seems to happen only on the second time the MainAsset is renamed. (In my testing)
Apr 05, 2020 18:53
While we are at it, can we add a way to rename SubAssets?
Apr 05, 2020 18:51
Has my vote!
Feb 07, 2020 16:11
Remember to switch asset pipeline from version 1 to version 2, because version 1 seems to work properly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Requires a system rewrite of how we handle main object name. This is considered a feature. Once it is complete, most bugs in regards to asset names should be fixed. This issue is tracked internally.