Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Painting terrain crashes when texture resolution is below FullRes in QualitySettings
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1148582_Updated"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Select the Terrain and try to paint using the black texture
Expected result: The black texture is painted on the Terrain
Actual result: Either nothing happens, black artifacts appear or the Editor crashes ( Depends on the Unity version used, more information in the Notes below)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.0a5, 2019.2.15f1, 2019.3.0b11
1. When 2018.3.0a6 - 2019.1.0f2 versions are used Textures don't change when painted, however, the Scene's Lighting is re-baked as if changes were made. Behavior is shown in Track_1148582_V2
2. When 2019.2.0a11 and above is used, black artifacts appear when painting. Crashes are also possible. Behavior is shown in Track_1148582_V3
3. The issue happens when "Half Res", "Quarter Res" or "Eighth Res" Quality settings are used
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- [DXC/DX12] No way to enable SM 6.6 features results in compiler error when e.g. using 64-bit atomics in a shader