Search Issue Tracker
Outside of Caroutine allowSceneActivation = false causes progress to get stuck at 0.9
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "763101.zip"
2. Open scene "A"
3. Open script "Load.cs"
4. Notice that IEnumerator LoadLevelNow calls LoadSceneAsyn on scene B and then sets allowSceneActivation to false
5. Then, Update() chacks if result of this LoadSceneAsync operation isDone and 3 seconds have passed. If true - allowSceneActivation is set to true to finish loading scene B
6. However, isDone never gets true. AsyncOperation.progress stays stuck at 0.9
7. Now comment out whole Update() method
8. Uncomment lines 46-53 so that logic described in step 5 would be executed in caroutiine
9. Notice that scene successfully loads after required time has passed
Reproducible with: 5.2.4p1, 5.3.1p3, 5.4.0b3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
- The Properties option is missing when pressing RMB on the PropertyField
- [Android] forward+ lighting glitch when built on Xiaomi Mi 10
May 13, 2016 11:51
My bad, it's indeed in the documentation at allowSceneActivation (I was looking at progress doc).
"When allowSceneActivation is set to false then progress is stopped at 0.9. The isDone is then maintained at false. When allowSceneActivation is set to true isDone can complete."
May 13, 2016 11:42
What is your source regarding the last 10 percent being after the scene activation?
I cannot see that in the documentation.
I tested considering loading "done" at 0.9 but it takes more than 2s to actually get the scene to appear. I don't want to show a 100% progress if it actually takes 2 sec to appear after that. It makes no sense.
Jan 25, 2016 03:43
This has been an issue since before 5.3.
0.9 -> 1.0 progress happens after the scene is activated.
Solution for users: treat 0.9 as "done" and activate from there.