Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Black light probes after duplicating baked geometry during the bake with CPU Lightmapper
Jira card: https://jira.unity3d.com/browse/GFXGI-543
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) press Generate Lighting button;
3. Once the left bake time is visible in the progress bar in the Hierarchy select "SpiceBags02" gameobject and duplicate it (cmd+D);
4. In the Scene view move the duplicated gameobject with using transform gizmos;
5. Wait until GI bake is completed;
6. Observe the light probes in the Scene view.
The light probes in the scene are lit by the scene light.
Light probes in the scene are black. See attached video and screenshots.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.2.
Workaround is to clear GI Cache and baked data and rebake GI.
- Reproducible in Versions 2021.2.0a15, 2021.1.2f1, 2020.3.6f1, 2020.2.7f1-dots;
- Not reproducible in Versions 2019.4.25f1;
- Reproducible on OSX and Windows10;
- Reproducible in Editor and Standalone Player.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ScriptableObject.OnDestroy is not called after Respouces.UnloadUnusedAssets
- UI stops rendering when WaterSurface's Caustics are enabled
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled