Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X, 2019.1.X
Opening Particle System Prefab in Play mode breaks the Hierarchy when Stop Action is set to Destroy
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project named "CaseV1"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Click on "Particle System" prefab -> Open Prefab
4. Observe the issue
Expected result: Prefab editor window opens normally
Actual result: Prefab editor window closes right after being opened, breaks the Hierarchy and the Editor throws InvalidOperationExeption
Reproducible with - 2018.3.1f1, 2019.1.0a13
The issue only appears in Play mode and only when Particle System Prefab is using "Destroy" as its Stop Action
The Prefabs were overhauled in 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first