Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
OnValidate is called twice when duplicating Prefab instances in the scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (case_1373124.zip)
2. Open the scene Scenes/SampleScene
3. Go to the Console and click "Clear"
4. In the Hierarchy window, right-click the GameObject "Cube" and select "Duplicate"
5. Observe the Console
Expected result: the message "hey" is logged once
Actual result: the message "hey" is logged twice
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states
- Cannot archive build for iOS using Xcode 13.3 when the project is built on a Windows machine