Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
OnValidate is called twice when duplicating Prefab instances in the scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (case_1373124.zip)
2. Open the scene Scenes/SampleScene
3. Go to the Console and click "Clear"
4. In the Hierarchy window, right-click the GameObject "Cube" and select "Duplicate"
5. Observe the Console
Expected result: the message "hey" is logged once
Actual result: the message "hey" is logged twice
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved