Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
OnValidate is called every Frame when Prefab Asset in Project Window is selected when user sets 'lineRenderer.useWorldSpace'
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project (OnValidateCalledEveryFrame.zip)
2. In Project Window select "Spline" prefab
Expected result: OnValidate is called only once
Actual result: Console Window shows that OnValidate is called every Frame and flashing loading icon indicates that loading is always in progress
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.1.0f1
The issue does not occur in Prefab Mode or when selecting an instance of the Prefab in the Hierarchy Window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform