Search Issue Tracker
OnPostprocessTexture isn't called when the asset matches a version that was previously imported
OnPostprocessTexture isn't always called
When a texture asset is modified, OnPostprocessAllAssets is always called when focussing the editor. However, OnPostprocessTexture isn't always called, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
1. Have an AssetPostprocessor that logs OnPostprocessAllAssets and OnPostprocessTexture.
2. Modify a texture asset externally.
3. Switch back to Unity (alt-tab or with mouse).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.
Expected behavior: Both OnPostprocessAllAssets and OnPostprocessTexture should be called
Observed behavior: OnPostprocessAllAssets is always called, but OnPostprocessTexture isn't always called
The project in this report contains a postprocessor and an image which can be used to go through the repro steps.
Reproducible: 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a19
Not repro: 2018.4.14f1, 2017.4.35f1,
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"