Search Issue Tracker
Older prefabs are not serialized to text when upgrading the project with "Asset Serialization" set to "Force Text"
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "PrefabUpgradeSerialization.zip"
2. In Project window, search for "Tile0"
3. Open the "Tile0.prefab" with text editor program (notepad, notepad++)
Expected result: the text contains a readable JSON
Actual result: the text contains NUL and a bunch of unreadable symbols
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a9, 2019.3.1f1, 2020.1.0a23
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.17f1, 2019.3.0a8
Could not test with: 2017.4 (due to old/new prefab system)
* The attached project is created in 2018.3.0f2
* Upgrading the project to 2019.3.0a8 and then to 2019.3.1f1 reproduces the bug
* Upgrading the project straight to 2019.3.0a9 does not reproduce the bug
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes
- [Progress] Progress always displays the remaining time after doing it once
- Added Asset changes are lost in Unity Collaborate when renaming new Assets with Asset Import Pipeline V2 enabled
- [iOS] Debug .pdb files are added to iOS release builds
- UnityLinker strips classes used with the SerializeReference attribute