Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Objects are affected by the Root motion even if it is disabled and handled by a script
1. Open the attached project "RootMotion Bug.zip";
2. Open the Test.unity scene
3. Observe that there are 3 cubes:
Cube 1 has the Root motion option turned on the animator UI
Cube 2 has the Root motion option turned on and the script to control the Root motion is applied
Cube 3 has the Root motion option turned off (which is not visible) the script to control the Root motion is applied
4. Play the scene
5. Observe that the Cube 3 is stuck in a loop.
Expected results: if the Root motion is disabled, it will be handled by a script.
Actual results: If the Root motion is disabled and the script is applied, the animation is handled completely differently.
Reproduced on: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0p3. 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released