Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
Objects are affected by the Root motion even if it is disabled and handled by a script
1. Open the attached project "RootMotion Bug.zip";
2. Open the Test.unity scene
3. Observe that there are 3 cubes:
Cube 1 has the Root motion option turned on the animator UI
Cube 2 has the Root motion option turned on and the script to control the Root motion is applied
Cube 3 has the Root motion option turned off (which is not visible) the script to control the Root motion is applied
4. Play the scene
5. Observe that the Cube 3 is stuck in a loop.
Expected results: if the Root motion is disabled, it will be handled by a script.
Actual results: If the Root motion is disabled and the script is applied, the animation is handled completely differently.
Reproduced on: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0p3. 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state