Search Issue Tracker
Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
How to reproduce:
1. Extract attached "git.zip"
2. In the newly created folder run these commands: "git reset --hard" and "git checkout a"
3. Open scene "SampleScene" in the appeared unity project
4. Select object: "Scene object"
5. Run the command: "git checkout b"
6. See: "Sample" script on GameObject "Scene object" has 2 fields (Component and Go)
Expected Behavior: These 2 fields have references attached to them
Actual Behavior: They are both nulls
Reproducible with: 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.6f1, 2020.2.0b3
Could not test with: 2018.4 due to script compilation errors
Note: If you reload the scene - these fields regain references
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GLES2] [iOS] UnityGet2DClipping function returns wrong values
- Lightprobes influencing object shading on specific position is not deterministic and causes artefacts
- Poor error message from IL2CPP on Windows Desktop with specific Visual Studio installation sequence
- Color picker dialog does not open when pressing on the Color Node or Color property in the Shader Graph window
- Crash on block_remove when picking color for Sprite Renderer with pipette