Search Issue Tracker
[Blender] Object modifiers are not applied when object is in a hidden layer of imported Blender asset
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "case_1155646.zip" Unity project
2. Observe the "fbx" and "blend" GameObjects in the Scene view
Expected result: both GameObjects look identical
Actual result: the "blend" GameObject has one half of a cube due to an unapplied Mirror modifier
Reproducible with: 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.5f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a4
Note: the issue can be reproduced when a Blender asset is imported to Unity with objects in hidden layers with unapplied modifiers. The issue persists when manually exporting the .blend file to .fbx using Blender 2.80. Manually exporting to .fbx with Blender versions 2.78 and 2.79 applies modifiers on objects in hidden layers. Reproducible on Unity versions 2018.3.13f1 and newer, 2019.1.0f1 and newer, 2019.2.0a11 and newer, and the entire 2019.3 stream due to Unity being able to convert files in the specified versions only.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar