Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.1
NullRefException when undocking Asset Preview window from Inspector
Right click on the Asset Preview window in the Inspector to have it undocked. The following error message is printed in the Console:
"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.PreviewWindow.CreateTracker () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PreviewWindow.cs:31)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:108)
UnityEditor.PreviewWindow.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/PreviewWindow.cs:18)
This does not happen in Unity 5.4, so it's a regression introduced in Unity 5.5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window
- HasProperty misleadingly returns true when no "_ST"-named property exists in Shader file