Search Issue Tracker
NullReferenceException thrown and mouse breaks when calling EditorUtiliy.DisplayDialog in GridBrush.BoxFill/GridBrush.BoxErase
1. Open the attached project "1393672repro.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Select "Tilemap" in the Hierarchy window
4. Select "Paint with active brush" in the Tile Palette window
5. Click anywhere in the Scene view
6. Close the DisplayDialog, click outside of the Scene view
7. Try to switch from Project window to Console
Expected result: No errors are thrown
Actual result: NullReferenceException is thrown, clicking outside of Scene view makes DisplayDialog pop up, switching tabs takes an extra click
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.15f1, 2022.1.0b11, 2022.2.0a7
1. Not reproducible on macOS
2. To stop DisplayDialog from popping up outside of the Scene view, click outside of the Editor, then go back to the Editor
3. In 2022.1.0b11 and 2022.2.0a7, there is no exception or DisplayDialog popping up outside of Scene view but switching tabs is not possible after closing DisplayDialog
4. In 2021.2.15f1, clicking outside of Scene view does not make DisplayDialog pop up but the exception is thrown and switching tabs is not possible
5. In 2019.4.36f1, the exception is not thrown but clicking outside of Scene view makes DisplayDialog pop up
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Some Rigidbody2D.Cast overloads do not correct use the Rigidbody2D angle.
- Same values are being generated if using a random function when “Freeform Light 2D” light is in the scene
- “Unable to use a named GUIStyle without a current skin“ error appears when installing/uninstalling a package if the “Search” window has any text in the search field
- The Animation dropdown in the Animation window can't be opened when Animation is renamed
- [IL2CPP] Building fails when local functions in method with SystemAPI() are used