Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
NullreferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain using a Script while a GameObject with the Script is selected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1159201"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets and open "TestBug"
3. In the hierarchy window select "Left" or "Right" GameObject
3. Enter Play mode
-- Notice the console "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
Expected results: No errors are displayed when creating a Terrain with a script while Terrain Tool package is installed
Actual Results: NullReferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain with a script while GameObject with a script is selected in the Hierarchy
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.1.5f1(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.2.0b5(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.3.0a4(preview - 1.1.4)
Notes: Terrain Tool package appeared in 2019.1. Versions lower than 2019.1.0f2 crash and throw package errors. Versions lower than 2019.2.0a8 throw package errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build