Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
NullreferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain using a Script while a GameObject with the Script is selected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1159201"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets and open "TestBug"
3. In the hierarchy window select "Left" or "Right" GameObject
3. Enter Play mode
-- Notice the console "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
Expected results: No errors are displayed when creating a Terrain with a script while Terrain Tool package is installed
Actual Results: NullReferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain with a script while GameObject with a script is selected in the Hierarchy
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.1.5f1(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.2.0b5(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.3.0a4(preview - 1.1.4)
Notes: Terrain Tool package appeared in 2019.1. Versions lower than 2019.1.0f2 crash and throw package errors. Versions lower than 2019.2.0a8 throw package errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first