Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
NullreferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain using a Script while a GameObject with the Script is selected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1159201"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets and open "TestBug"
3. In the hierarchy window select "Left" or "Right" GameObject
3. Enter Play mode
-- Notice the console "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
Expected results: No errors are displayed when creating a Terrain with a script while Terrain Tool package is installed
Actual Results: NullReferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain with a script while GameObject with a script is selected in the Hierarchy
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.1.5f1(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.2.0b5(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.3.0a4(preview - 1.1.4)
Notes: Terrain Tool package appeared in 2019.1. Versions lower than 2019.1.0f2 crash and throw package errors. Versions lower than 2019.2.0a8 throw package errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version