Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
NullreferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain using a Script while a GameObject with the Script is selected
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1159201"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets and open "TestBug"
3. In the hierarchy window select "Left" or "Right" GameObject
3. Enter Play mode
-- Notice the console "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error
Expected results: No errors are displayed when creating a Terrain with a script while Terrain Tool package is installed
Actual Results: NullReferenceException is thrown when creating a Terrain with a script while GameObject with a script is selected in the Hierarchy
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.1.5f1(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.2.0b5(preview - 1.1.2), 2019.3.0a4(preview - 1.1.4)
Notes: Terrain Tool package appeared in 2019.1. Versions lower than 2019.1.0f2 crash and throw package errors. Versions lower than 2019.2.0a8 throw package errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression
- NullReferenceException when selecting a Dropdown Component override in the Prefab Overrides menu for the second time
- USS variables are broken on IOS
- Crash when project is reopened or upgraded
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly