Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0a20
NullReferenceException in TMPro.MaterialReference when creating a UI Button - TextMeshPro
* start a new project
* create a new UI Button - TextMeshPro in an empty scene
* the TextMeshPro pop-up will appear, and you'll need to install the TMP essentials
* try to select the Text(TMP) child element of the Button in the scene view and move it arround
* the text on the button says "Button"
* no errors appear when moving the text object
* the text is blank
* lots of console errors appear when you try to move the button
Reproducible with: 2023.1.0a10 (TMP 3.0.6)
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.40f1, 2020.3.38f1, 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.16f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a9 (TMP 3.0.6)
NOTE: this error appears to happen for UI Button text element only. So one workaround could be to create a simple UI TextMeshPro Text game object and add it to a UI button instead.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- [Vulkan] Release memory after deleting image
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode