Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0a20
NullReferenceException in TMPro.MaterialReference when creating a UI Button - TextMeshPro
* start a new project
* create a new UI Button - TextMeshPro in an empty scene
* the TextMeshPro pop-up will appear, and you'll need to install the TMP essentials
* try to select the Text(TMP) child element of the Button in the scene view and move it arround
* the text on the button says "Button"
* no errors appear when moving the text object
* the text is blank
* lots of console errors appear when you try to move the button
Reproducible with: 2023.1.0a10 (TMP 3.0.6)
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.40f1, 2020.3.38f1, 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.16f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a9 (TMP 3.0.6)
NOTE: this error appears to happen for UI Button text element only. So one workaround could be to create a simple UI TextMeshPro Text game object and add it to a UI button instead.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a20):
Fixed errors appearing when importing TextMeshPro essentials package.