Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
NullReferenceException error is thrown when pressing up/down arrow key in the Project's search bar while in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Make sure your Project window is set to "One Column Layout" style
3. Enter and exit the Play Mode
4. Enter the Play Mode again
5. Select the Project window's search bar
6. Press the up or down arrow key
7. If no error appears exit and re-enter the Play Mode again until it starts appearing
Expected results: No errors are thrown
Actual results: The "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.24f1, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
- Only happens when the Project window is set to "One Column Layout"
- The error usually appears after entering the Play Mode for the second time but it's possible that it will start appearing after 3rd or 4th enter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- Runtime theme's text color and font-size cannot be overridden from user stylesheets using :root selector
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] try-catch when() filter fails