Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
NullReferenceException causes freeze when thrown in the Player
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "BugNullExc.zip"
2. Open the "TestCrash" Scene
3. File > Build And Run
4. Press on the "Null Exception (except in Editor)" button
Expected result: NullReferenceException is thrown but the Player doesn't freeze
Actual result: The Player freezes
Reproducible with: 2020.3.13f1, 2020.3.17f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b7
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.12f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.9f1, 2021.1.18f, 2021.2.0a17, 2021.2.0b8, 2022.1.0a1, 2022.1.0a11
- "Uncaught Exception (except in Editor)" button gives the same outcome
- Not reproducible in Play mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"