Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Normal maps within procedural materials are suffering from very poor compression quality
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project "754556.zip"
2. Open scene "ExampleScene"
3. In Game view, notice noise present on the wing of the left aircraft (which uses substance) and no noise on the right aircraft (which uses normal material)
Expected behaviour: Left aircraft has same normal map as right aircraft
Reproduced with: 5.2.3p2, 5.3.0f4, 5.4.0a5
Note: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.0p1, 5.4.0a6 doesn't generate Normal map at all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3