Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Normal maps within procedural materials are suffering from very poor compression quality
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project "754556.zip"
2. Open scene "ExampleScene"
3. In Game view, notice noise present on the wing of the left aircraft (which uses substance) and no noise on the right aircraft (which uses normal material)
Expected behaviour: Left aircraft has same normal map as right aircraft
Reproduced with: 5.2.3p2, 5.3.0f4, 5.4.0a5
Note: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.0p1, 5.4.0a6 doesn't generate Normal map at all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website