Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
No warning about scripts being compiled is shown after trying to add a newly created script to a gameobject
There used to be a warning shown after trying to add a script just after creating it and while the engine was compiling all the scripts. There is no longer a warning, only an error:
"Can't add script behaviour VisualContainerAsset. The script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour"
1. Open user's attached project or any other project with several scripts in it
2. Create a new script and name it
3. Right after naming it, while it's compiling, attach the script to any gameobject in the scene
4. Observe the error
Expected result: A warning occurs that script cannot be added while the compilation is in progress
Actual result: An error occurs informing that the script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a5, 2018.1.0b6
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.3.1f1, 2018.1.0a4
Regression started in: 2018.1.0a5
Fixed in 2018.2.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor Window contents are not visible when opening it up
- Gamma bleeding and banding when low light baked in VR scene
- A WebGL build with complex shaders has a performance drop when tapping the screen
- No MipMaps are created when using "UnityWebRequestTexture.GetTexture"
- [Addressables] Crash in TransformParticleMesh