Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
New MenuItem is created each time its name is changed when the name contains "//"
1. Open the project, attached by tester (MenuItemBug.zip)
2. Open the MenuItemTest script
3. Add [MenuItem ("\\//")] to the Call method
4. Go back to Unity and observe the top menu
5. Change MenuItem's item name to "Item1/SubItem//"
6. Repeat 4
7. Change MenuItem's item name to "Item2/SubItem//"
8. Repeat 4
Expected: changing the item's name in the MenuItem attribute modifies the item in the top menu
Reproduced in 5.5.0b9, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.0f2, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a2
Did not reproduce in 5.4.5p2, 5.5.0b8
Regression introduced in 5.5.0b9
Workaround: issue is fixed after restarting Unity or not using "//" in the item name
Fixed in 2018.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] SelectionDragger dragging node is slow
- [Particles] Assigning non-r/w mesh to particle system shape module doesn't work anymore in Editor
- Timeline Preview mode locks Prefab isolation mode
- Unity crashes on "CalculateSurfaceArea" when selecting a specific prefab in the Hierarchy or in the Project Window
- UI Image Animation flickers in a Standalone build