Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
New MenuItem is created each time its name is changed when the name contains "//"
1. Open the project, attached by tester (MenuItemBug.zip)
2. Open the MenuItemTest script
3. Add [MenuItem ("\\//")] to the Call method
4. Go back to Unity and observe the top menu
5. Change MenuItem's item name to "Item1/SubItem//"
6. Repeat 4
7. Change MenuItem's item name to "Item2/SubItem//"
8. Repeat 4
Expected: changing the item's name in the MenuItem attribute modifies the item in the top menu
Reproduced in 5.5.0b9, 5.5.4f1, 5.6.0f2, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a2
Did not reproduce in 5.4.5p2, 5.5.0b8
Regression introduced in 5.5.0b9
Workaround: issue is fixed after restarting Unity or not using "//" in the item name
Fixed in 2018.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Two identical HDRP templates are shown in new project creation when selecting 2019.1.8f1 or 2019.1.7f1 version
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.