Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
New .asset files are serialized as binary when the Asset Serialization Mode in the Editor settings is set to 'Force Text'
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Close the project and remove the VersionControlSettings.asset file from the ProjectSettings folder
3. Reopen the project and open the new VersionControlSettings.asset file
Expected result: The VersionControlSettings.asset is serialized as text
Actual result: The VersionControlSettings.asset is serialized as binary
Reproducible with: 2018.4.29f1, 2019.4.14f1, 2020.1.13f1, 2020.2.0b11, 2021.1.0a4
- This affects a majority of assets in the ProjectSettings folder
- The issue is not reproducible with the ProjectSettings.asset and PackageManagerSettings.asset files (doesn't apply to the 2018.4. stream)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- [DXC/DX12] No way to enable SM 6.6 features results in compiler error when e.g. using 64-bit atomics in a shader