Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.3
[Nested Prefabs] "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from PrefabInstance to Prefab!" after upgrading Corridor scene
1. Download "Corridor Lighting Example" from the Asset Store to 2018.3.0a6 (or any older version);
Observed this issue in 2019.1.0a11.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Open Unity version 2018.2.0f2.
2. Download and import Tower Defense Template.
3. Load the Menu scene and Run
4. Exit and Open the same project in 2019.1.0a11
2. Close the project and open it with 2018.3.0a7;
3. Open "CorridorDemo" scene;
4. Enter Play mode.
Expected result: Prefabs are upgraded successfully, without any errors.
Actual result: Errors are spammed to the Console: "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from PrefabInstance to Prefab!", moving and emissive spheres fall off the screen, the whole scene is dark, even after Generating Lighting.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0a7, where Nested Prefabs were introduced.
Not reproduced with: 2018.3.0a6.
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal when enabling a broken Prefab