Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
[Nested Prefabs] "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from PrefabInstance to Prefab!" after upgrading Corridor scene
1. Download "Corridor Lighting Example" from the Asset Store to 2018.3.0a6 (or any older version);
Observed this issue in 2019.1.0a11.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Open Unity version 2018.2.0f2.
2. Download and import Tower Defense Template.
3. Load the Menu scene and Run
4. Exit and Open the same project in 2019.1.0a11
2. Close the project and open it with 2018.3.0a7;
3. Open "CorridorDemo" scene;
4. Enter Play mode.
Expected result: Prefabs are upgraded successfully, without any errors.
Actual result: Errors are spammed to the Console: "PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from PrefabInstance to Prefab!", moving and emissive spheres fall off the screen, the whole scene is dark, even after Generating Lighting.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0a7, where Nested Prefabs were introduced.
Not reproduced with: 2018.3.0a6.
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website