Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
NavmeshAgent is noticeably slower approaching a small gap when using Obstacle Avoidance
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "repo_1042990" project
2. Enter game mode
3. Click on the ground near yellow square
4. Click on the ground inside the "house"
5. If needed repeat steps 3 and 4
Expected result: NavMeshAgent keeps constant speed
Actual result: NavMeshAgent is noticeably slower approaching the gap in a wall
Reproducible With: 2017.1.4f1, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.4.4f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b6
- NavMeshAgent does not slow down if it has to go through the gap in a straight line
- Slow down is noticeable with all types of Obstacle Avoidance
Workaround: If you will have only one NavMeshAgent at all times Disabling Obstacle Avoidance will fix the issue, but it wont work if you introduce another NavMeshAgent and want them to avoid colliding with each other
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene
- Audio Source Spatial Blend value gets set to 1 in the WebGL Player when the Spatial Blend value is bigger than 0
- [Linux] Crash on g_type_check_instance_cast after changing Editor layout, creating a new VR template or HDRP project