Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
Some native objects captured by the memory profiler always have 0 references, even though they should have some references. eg: Sprites not being referenced by SpriteRenderers or SpriteAtlases. This regression was brought in by the native connections overhaul which landed in the 2019.3.0b8.
1. create a new scene
2. create a sprite atlas asset
3. use any default resource sprite or one of your choosing and have the atlas reference it
4. create a sprite object inside the scene
5. Install the memory profiler package
6. take a snapshot
7. open the snapshot
8. navigate to the native objects table from the tables dropdown
9. filter the type name by : "Sprite"
The sprite native object should have at least 3 references. Clicking on the references will show connections to both the SpriteAtlas and it's SpriteRenderer
The sprite native object has some number of references(1 or 0, depends if the managed shell is in memory or not). Clicking on the references will not show the SpriteAtlas and SpriteRenderer reference it
Reproduced on trunk 2020.2a6, no need to reproduce on 2020.1/19.3 as the code did not change in between.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline