Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Namebased replace prevents creation of prefab variant when using drag and drop.
Steps to reproduce:
1: Create new project
2: Create GameObject A in the hierarchy, make it a prefab
3: Create GameObject B in the hierarchy, make it a prefab
4: Drag prefab A from the hierarchy onto prefab B in the Project Browser, in the Popup Select "Replace Anyway", then Select "Prefab Variant"
Expect result: Prefab B is now a variant of A
Actual result: Prefab B is an original prefab.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block