Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Moving Particle Emitters Instantiated by an Object Pool leave short flickers when reactivated
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted Project and open the "test" Scene
2. Enter play mode and press the "Emit UP" and the "Emit DOWN" buttons multiple times
3. Observe the Scene View
Expected result: The Particle Emitters reactivate without issue and follow the Cube game object
Actual result: After a few clicks the Particle Emitters leave short effect flickers in Its movement path
Reproduced in: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.2.2p3, 2017.2.0p2
Not reproducible in: 2017.2.0f1, 2017.1.3p1, 5.6.6f1
Couldn't test with: 2017.3.0b6, 2017.3.0b1, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.2.0f2
Note: When the Scene is stopped at the moment of the flicker, the flicker does not appear to be a separate Object in the hierarchy but rather a graphical bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.3):
Fixed in: 2018.2.13f1; 2018.3.