Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Moving Particle Emitters Instantiated by an Object Pool leave short flickers when reactivated
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted Project and open the "test" Scene
2. Enter play mode and press the "Emit UP" and the "Emit DOWN" buttons multiple times
3. Observe the Scene View
Expected result: The Particle Emitters reactivate without issue and follow the Cube game object
Actual result: After a few clicks the Particle Emitters leave short effect flickers in Its movement path
Reproduced in: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.2.2p3, 2017.2.0p2
Not reproducible in: 2017.2.0f1, 2017.1.3p1, 5.6.6f1
Couldn't test with: 2017.3.0b6, 2017.3.0b1, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.2.0f2
Note: When the Scene is stopped at the moment of the flicker, the flicker does not appear to be a separate Object in the hierarchy but rather a graphical bug.
Fixed in: 2018.2.13f1; 2018.3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position