Search Issue Tracker
Move tool transform handle drawing bugs out when editor camera is on same plane
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Add a 3D cube to 0,0,0 and select it
3. Make sure "move tool" is active
4. Add the provided script "TransformVisBug.cs" to Assets folder
5. Open Unity Test -> Bug
6. Press 'Set buggy' from the window (sets editor camera so it's position is at 0, 0, 0)
7. Hold the center middle mouse button down and pan the camera around (as far as you want)
Expected result: No handle drawing issues.
Actual result: Scene View starts showing large polygons in different screen quadrants (colored in the transform handle colors), no matter how far you pan.
Reproduced in: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0b3, 2019.3.0a3
1. If you switch to other tools or deselect the cube, the issue disappears.
2. You can take camera settings and move the near plane far away and you can see that they are gigantic buggy polygons and not just something near the camera.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position