Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Model importer doesn't allow creation of a new Humanoid Avatar from a model file automatically through a script
Model importer doesn't allow creation of a new Humanoid Avatar from a model file automatically when switching avatar definition to "Create From This Model" through a script. User has to manually do this step to create a working human avatar definition.
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open "AnimationPostProcessor.cs" in the “Scripts” -folder and set the "variable _case1" to be "true".
3. Use Project view to Reimport "Character_Case1_Rig.fbx" from inside of the “Rig” -folder (Right mouse button > Reimport).
4. Observe the Inspector Import Settings view.
- Unity fails to create a Human Avatar out of the model through the AnimationPostProcessor script.
- The file should now have a configured Human Avatar, created from the model automatically by script, without requiring the user to manually do it through the Import Settings view.
2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU