Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Model importer doesn't allow creation of a new Humanoid Avatar from a model file automatically through a script
Model importer doesn't allow creation of a new Humanoid Avatar from a model file automatically when switching avatar definition to "Create From This Model" through a script. User has to manually do this step to create a working human avatar definition.
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open "AnimationPostProcessor.cs" in the “Scripts” -folder and set the "variable _case1" to be "true".
3. Use Project view to Reimport "Character_Case1_Rig.fbx" from inside of the “Rig” -folder (Right mouse button > Reimport).
4. Observe the Inspector Import Settings view.
- Unity fails to create a Human Avatar out of the model through the AnimationPostProcessor script.
- The file should now have a configured Human Avatar, created from the model automatically by script, without requiring the user to manually do it through the Import Settings view.
2017.1.5f1, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unable to find a corresponding location while using Partial classes/methods when debugging
- Crash in AnimatorOverrideController::GetOriginalClip when using an indexer operator to access an animation clip
- Import errors when converting from Blend to FBX
- [WebGL] In developer build method Mathf.CeilToInt() throws an exception
- [Tilemap] Visualization of the tile is created in another tile when quickly moving cursor after releasing left mouse button