Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
"AssetBundle.LoadAsset" race condition with "AssetBundle.Unload"
1. Open "AssetLoadSample2018LTS.zip" project
2. "Expansion" -> "Build AssetBundleData"
3. Build & Run (More noticeable on Android)
4. Spam press "Load loop 10"
Expected Result: "Destroying assets is not permitted to avoid data loss."
Actual Result: "AsyncUploadManager: Failed to close file. Ensure all async operations are complete before unloading bundles."
Reproduced with: 2020.1.0a6, 2019.3.0b4, 2019.2.6f1, 2018.4.9f1, 2017.4.32f1
Rare repro as the race condition doesn't always happen
Reproduces with: IL2CPP and Mono
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in Versions: 2018.4.24f1, 2020.1.0b9, 2020.2.0a1