Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b1
Mixed light is both baked and realtime when converted to fully baked
When investigating UUM-14672 Volumetric Fog and Dynamic Shadow disappear on a GameObject when baking a Lightmap with the GameObject disabled, then enabling the GameObject and re-baking the Lightmap - Unity JIRA (unity3d.com) we discovered a regression in 2023.1. A mixed light is both baked into the lightmap and rendering as real-time when falling back to fully baked because we are out of shadow mask channels.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user project here
2. Open Scene “ISS_LightBakeTest“ (Assets/Scenes)
3. Bake the Lightmap (Window > Rendering > Lighting, 'Generate Lighting')
4. Activate the “TestLight” GameObject
5. Re-bake the Lightmap (Window > Rendering > Lighting, 'Generate Lighting')
Expected result: The directional light and three of the four spot lights have a channel in the shadow mask map and produce dynamic shadows. The last spot light is fully baked.
Actual result: a spot light light is both rendering as real time AND has direct lighting baked into the lightmap.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The wrong documentation page is opened when clicking the Help icon in the Lighting window
- IPreprocessBuild.OnPreprocessBuild isn't called when building a project
- Crash on core::StringStorageDefault<char>::assign when opening the project
- Background tint doesn't work for sprites when using transitions
- [UI Toolkit] Dimensions of a parent element do not include padding when used in anchors of an absolute positioned children element